Hair Anatomy Gives Back
PMI Merit Program
Hair Anatomy will be responsible for providing all beauty services for PRECIOUS ME INC. Our focus will be in conjunction with PRECIOUS ME INC in that we will assist all Queens in Waiting in highlighting the who is and what’s of outer beauty and how to balance them with the other areas of their lives. There are three phases within the program that will address girls ages 11- 18. Each phase will consist of age appropriate, tasteful hair care & style material.
Phases are broken into the following age groups:
Ages 11/12. Phase 1: Duchess
Phase 1, Queens in Waiting will receive basic hairdressing suitable to each individual’s need. Hairdressing may include shampoo and conditioning, relaxing, trimming, curling, and thermal straightening, or wet setting of the hair. Additionally, Queens in Waiting will receive a ‘goodie bag’ including hair accessories, t-shirts bearing the salon (Hair Anatomy) and Precious Me Inc.’s logos/promotional tags and/or personal care items. The goal is to provide a polished look while encouraging a positive self-image.
Ages 13-15. Phase 2: Princess
Phase 2 will also consist of Queens in Waiting receiving basic hairdressing according to the individual’s need. As with Phase 1, hairdressing will include shampoo and conditioning, trimming, curling, flat ironing, or wet setting of the hair. Additionally, Queens in Waiting will receive a ‘goodie bag’ including a packet of information describing, for example, how to maintain basic hair needs. Information disseminated is to assist Queens in Waiting in continuing their hair care journey throughout different facets of their lives. Also included are (dependent upon age) hair accessories, t-shirts bearing the salon (Hair Anatomy) and Precious Me Inc.’s logos/promotional tags, and/or personal care items
Ages 16-18. Phase 3: Queen
Phase 3, again Queens in Waiting will receive basic hairdressing along with a ‘goodie bag’ including a packet of information describing, for example, how to maintain basic hair needs. Information disseminated is to assist Queens in Waiting in continuing their hair care journey throughout different facets of their lives. Also included are (dependent upon age) hair accessories, t-shirts bearing the salon (Hair Anatomy) and Precious Me Inc.’s logos/promotional tags, and/or personal care items. In addition, each Gem will further enjoy an age appropriate makeup session. Makeup will be provided by Ayanah Hall in connection with Hair Anatomy. Hair Anatomy will provide all hairdressing. Upon completion of Precious Me Inc., each of the Queens in Waiting will receive a certificate of completion from Hair Anatomy.
Hair Anatomy Gives Back (Parent/ Guardian): Parents will join and visit the salon (Hair Anatomy) and an announced date and time. This time will allow parents to mingle while enjoying complimentary hair and makeup services. Refreshments will be provided
Rules & Guidelines
Participants must arrive no later than 5 minutes late to receive full quality points for the meet-up day.
PMI prides itself on being a complimentary program for young women like yourself, providing you a safe fun place to learn irreplaceable life skills and build lifelong friendships. With that being said, our program offers many opportunities for you to gain lifelong skills but in order for you, get the best value participation is key inside and outside of our program. Our team has put together a merit system program to ensure PMI’s core values are engraved and balanced within each participant accordingly. The aim of the PMI merit program is not to influence participants to “work for rewards,” as we know the best service and lessons in life go beyond recognition. However, this program was created to promote positivity, something for each participant to aim for, as being a part of PMI is hard work, and each participant deserves to be rewarded accordingly.
- Hair Anatomy Gives Back rewards will be given twice a year once at the end of the fall semester the other at the end of the spring semester
- Each workshop that each participant attends will allot them 6 points; 10 completed workshops by the end of each semester will result in 60 points
- Each participant who receives 50 points at the end of each semester will get the opportunity to benefit from Hair Anatomy Gives Back rewards. This program will exist outside the prescribed experiential curriculum and will be available to awarded individuals.
Community Advocacy Point System
- For every hour each participant does community service they will be given 3 points.
- Participants who are on the “A” or “A/B” honor roll after report cards are released will allot them 5 points. (All participants are required to submit report cards quarterly regardless of academic standing.)
- Participants who may not have made the honor roll but who have improved a letter grade from the prior quarter will also receive special recognition and a chance to receive points.
Special Recognitions and Awards
- Participants are to report any special recognitions/awards received from school and outside organizations so they can be appropriately acknowledged.
- Participants will be provided alternative opportunities periodically to receive extra merit points. The program coordinator will relay opportunities appropriately via text or Group Me, so keep your eyes open for these great opportunities!
Finally, please note that all points received will be reset at the end of each quarter as to ensure all participants have a fair chance at benefiting from the PMI Merit Program throughout the year. The participant that accumulates the most hours at the end of the year will receive and extra special recognition. We are looking forward to the year ahead of us. Let’s make moves Beauties!