Precious Me Inc. Presents:
A Support Group for Teen Girls
Focusing on Issue Resolution
Self-Esteem, Self-Respect & Positive Self Image
The social world for teenage girls has become a more stressful and challenging environment than ever before. The rise in peer pressure, competitive conflicts, and unhealthy social/media messages are all likely contributors to national increases in anxiety, mood disorder and low self-esteem in girls. God’s Girlz groups offer an educational and experiential approach to improving decision making, developing coping resources and increasing self-esteem.
- An educational approach incorporating a social and coping curriculum focused on improving social interaction, increasing self-esteem, and improving mood.
- Activities, initiatives, and games to allow for exploration and learning of more effective social and coping strategies.
- Feedback and sharing in an environment that is constructive and supportive.
- Art therapy and journaling designed to aid in understanding and expression of feelings and development of self-esteem and confidence.
- Increasing teenage girl’s ability to make safe and healthy choices.
- Increasing self-esteem, self-confidence, and the ability to accept oneself, be assertive, and overcome a variety of difficult situations.
- Developing skills to combat peer pressure.
- To gain mastery of effective coping strategies to address negative feelings and to promote healthy body image.
- Improve emotional regulation and reduce and control depressive symptoms and anxiety.
- Address problems associated with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, peer issues, and other problems.
Middle School and High School
God’s Girlz is offered free of charge to teen girls in the Precious Me Inc. program. It is a closed group in that only those specifically referred by either parents, mentors or PSE Coordinator or Director can participate. All referrals MUST go through the PSE Director who will in turn consult with the parent to determine if God’s Girlz is recommended for that specific young lady.
Sanona Williams, MS, LCPC
Sanona Williams is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and a practicing Christian who loves God and His way. Sanona has been working in the Human Services field for the past three years actively and 7 years in Christian Counseling in total.
Sanona provides therapy to children, adults, and families and offers a comforting yet goal-oriented approach to helping her clients resolve issues. She incorporates research regarding effective treatment strategies in her work with her beliefs in God and His promises. Sanona is especially adept with the teen girl population as she has the unique ability to provide straightforward and honest feedback in a manner that is accepted and appreciated by her female teen clientele.